Monday, January 6, 2014

ONCE YOU GO NATURAL YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK!

I have been using my own all natural skin care line from Playa Blu  for about 9 months now.  I was happy with the results I was getting but I didn't really understand the difference these products would have on my skin until I went back to using some of my store bought products. For Christmas a friend gave me a gift from a well known bath and body shop. This gift included a shower gel and body lotion.  I felt that I should at least try it even though I had all of my own products available.  So I used the gel on my legs and immediately after my shower my legs began itching and burning.  Now I know it was not only this product because in the past I have used products from this company with no problems.  The reason for my reaction I am sure, is that I have only been putting natural and organic products on my skin for 9 months now and my body did not like the chemicals. My body responded immediately to the chemicals in this product. This would not have affected me in the past because I was used to using these items. This just shows how damaging the effects of the chemicals can be and most people don't even know it. 

 The second event happened when I used a new eye shadow that I had really wanted from again, another well known brand.  I had only been using my vegan eye shadow from Tick Tock Cosmetics for the past 6 months and I loved the results.  But I really wanted to try this new brand.  So I used my new eye shadow for the first time, I  felt an immediate difference in the way this product felt on my lids compared to my Tick Tock Cosmetics.  It felt coarse and rough going on, not smooth and silky and  later that day my eyelid became inflamed, turned red and hurt. Again I am sure that had I been not using a natural product I would not have had the reaction I did.  But what does that really say.  Our body's have become so accustomed to the chemicals in our products that they don't even react to it anymore. I am sticking with all natural from here on out. This experience has made me even more confident in my decision to go all natural when it comes to skin care, after all the proof is in the pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment